2013 Year in Review
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, health and happiness and thanking you for your service to Neigh Savers in 2013.
2013 saw significant changes and achievements to the Neigh Savers Program:
1) TAA (Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance) accreditation – This was a rigorous procedure that took over 9 months. We are now one of 23 accredited facilities in the U.S. and Canada.
2) CARMA – we continue to forge our relationship with CARMA and our commitment to aid CARMA with fundraising and awareness programs, such as the Breeders’ Cup and Thoroughbred Classic Horse Shows. We will also continue to take horses directly from the CARMA Placement Program.
3) Thoroughbred Classic Horse Show Series – Produced in conjunction with CARMA and the CARMA-Siegel Foundation, three shows were successfully executed in the Southern California area this year. There will be 3 shows in 2014. In 2015 there may be four shows scheduled. The last show generated tremendous interest and industry support.
4) Twitter – Thanks to the efforts of Sally Cruikshank our Twitter following has increased by 100% and continues to grow every day.
5) Facebook — Thanks to the efforts of our Facebook Team, our Facebook page has attained a professional look and feel and is always an interesting and upbeat read. We went from 1,500 followers to 8,600 this year alone.
6) Website – Our website has virtually been unchanged since 2007. While in 2007 it was fresh and modern and far beyond what was out there at the time it has now become nearly unusable. The past year we have been working on a new design, new colors and a new hand drawn logo. The website will feature online forms, templates, and other features.
7) We held another successful fund-raiser at Golden Gate Fields on December 7, 2013. We entertained nearly 200 guests at our 4th annual event. We had a tremendous show of volunteers coming with their friends and families and 25 volunteers donated time on the day of the event as well. We thank all the volunteers that helped procure raffle and/or silent auction items as well.
8) We are extremely proud to say we have facilitated 35 adoptions in calendar year 2013!!!!!
Thank you all for making 2013 a tremendous year for us. It truly takes a village! Every one of you made a contribution that helped us this year. Looking forward to working with you to achieve even greater successes in 2014.